Our approach to business funding is different. While the bank is focused on securing assets, we’re focused on the entrepreneur’s opportunity. Entrepreneurship is a personal journey, and we want to make sure you have the right mix of experiences, skills, and qualifications to find success in your opportunity.
To give you a better idea of our process, we’ve outlined our steps at the Clarence Campeau Development Fund below.
Step 1: Call Us!
- Sometimes you just need to talk it about. One of our Business Development Specialists will walk you through eligibility, which program is right for you, and provide any other guidance and support.
Step 2: Provide Supporting Documentation
- Once we determine that we can help, the Business Development Specialist will provide you a list of items we need to build your case for financing. This includes several items, including Clarence Campeau Development Fund application forms.
Step 3: Business Plan
- Once we receive all the information we need we’ll move your project on to the business plan stage. If we’re funding the plan, we’ll connect you with a Consultant to help build out the financial projections. At this point, we’ll get you to sign some documentation to access our Business Plan Program.
Step 4: Contribution Approved
- Once the business plan is completed, we’ll assess it to make sure the cash flows support the loans associated with the business. After we determine the business is financially viable, we’ll create a submission for approval. Again, here we’ll need to get you to sign some documentation.
Step 5: Disbursement
- Once everything is approved, and other financing is confirmed we can start writing cheques! We can disburse to your bank, lawyers, direct to suppliers, or whatever best suites your needs. We also take precautions to maintain our funding percentages during this stage. Lastly, just so you know, the bank is the lead lender in each project.
Step 6: Run Your Business
- If you’ve made it this far, you’re running the day-to-day of your business – Congrats! Keep in mind, now that you’re a CCDF client, you have access to the Business Support Program and the Management Skills Program. These are valuable programs that help you refocus or grow your business.
Applying for business funding is not necessarily a complex process, but knowing the steps involved ensure your chance of success. Remember, we’re trying to find a way to help build your case for funding. And don’t forget, we’re only a portion of the financing – you need a term lender to help with the rest of the funding!
We’ll help you the entire way!
We would love to hear your ideas for your business. Fill out your information and an advisor will contact you!